Monday, December 21, 2009

It's snow fun!

With snow comes a lot of opportunity to help your neighbor... not a bad thing in my book.

Sunday morning we got all bundled up and went out to check out the driveway/snow situation. We still had a good bit of snow on our driveway which someone with a snow blower decided to take care of for us. They easily saved us a few hours of shoveling. Of course, then we look across the street and an older gentleman was out attempting to free his driveway. So Adam heads over there to give him a hand. After freeing about 3/4 of it, another person with a snow blower comes along and takes care of the rest.

Then further down, an older woman was attempting to free her driveway. Unfortunately all the snow blowers had to head to other homes but Adam, Joyce (as we found out when we went over) and I managed to take care of the entire double driveway.

By the time we were done I don't think I could have handled shoveling any more snow... my back was screaming. Regardless it felt great to help someone out... especially someone who would have had a really tough time completing it on her own.

Chase was a dream the entire time we were helping the neighbors. He didn't like the snow all that much so he stayed on the shoveled area... basically he just walked back and forth to me and Adam chatting to whoever would listen.

Oh and for a while he looked like this:

He was clutching his 'payment' for helping the first gentleman out... a candy cane! He kept asking to open it.

A candy cane wouldn't have been my first choice... I rank that up there with lollipops. But I knew he meant it as a nice gesture.


I am not sure how much "Christmas-ier" you can get.

About 2 minutes after this picture was taken I realized Chase was biting off the end of the candy cane. So we traded... his candy cane for my cookie. Thankfully it worked!

Later that day we decided to go driving... just for the fun of it.

And we stumble across another opportunity to help. An older woman got her car stuck... so we pulled over to give her a hand... as did a policeman who happened to be driving by... as well as a fireman who lived in the house across the street.



Adam made the keen observation that this sounded like a set up to a joke... A lawyer, a policeman and a fireman all stop to help a woman push her car out of the snow....

I'm not sure I want to know the ending... lawyers always get the short end of that stick!

Anyway, all in all, a really fun day. I still have pictures to share from our awesome cookie party... and more ornaments from my tree!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Hahaha! Loved the lawyer-cop-fireman triangle. And that shot of Chase being "Christmas-y"---wow. Sooo much fun and what great memories you are making. Keep enjoying!! :-D