Thursday, March 12, 2009

Questions Answered

How did you and Adam meet? How long have you been together?

Once I started typing, I decided our story deserved it's own post (or series of posts). Stay tuned for the story of Adam and I... it's a good one ;~) For now, here's the short answer. Adam and I first met at WVU 10.5 years ago. We have been 'together' for 6.5 years, married for almost 5!

When you were pregnant with your son, did you find out the gender before he was born or just be surprised?

We found out but not from the doctor. Anyone that knows Danielle knows how creative and fun she is... and how that translates into memories for those of us around her (kidnap breakfast anyone??). Anyway, doc wrote the sex down and sealed it in an envelope... we handed it to Danielle and she came with an idea of how to tell us. One night before bible study she made cupcakes with colored plastic baby bottles baked into a select few... the color indicated if Peabert was a boy or girl. Everyone at bible study took a cupcake and we raced to find the bottle and call out our finding... I think Mary was the first to find a bottle and shouted that he was a boy... I think that was her first or second night to bible study. Yeah, we were a fun group! I think I actually have video of that event. Thanks to Danielle for making it a memory!

What is the hardest part about being a stay at home mom? Did you want to be a stay at home mom when you first got married or did that change?

I have wanted to be a stay at home mommy since I knew what a SAHM was. When Adam and I started thinking marriage and eventual parenthood, he was always on board with whatever I wanted. The hardest part. Hmmm... being 'on' all the time is hard. Obviously I am on during the day but I tend to take the lead even when Adam is home because I know the routine better and I have a better grasp of the situation... not that it's always right but it happens. I have to make a concerted effort to back off and let Adam do things his way (shocker: my way isn't always the only way!) Filling our time is also difficult. It's easy to stay home all day everyday but that will drive you insane very quickly. We fill our days with grocery shopping, walking the mall, story time at the library, little gym, playdates at different houses, walmart runs... ect. We are looking forward to the nice weather so we can take advantage of all the great parks around. And as he gets older I will be looking for more 'field trips'... farms, zoos, fire station, ect. We make it a point to get out at least once a day... sometimes twice! I face a unique situation in that our house is so incredibly small that Chase gets very bored very quick. There is no other room... it's just the one so it gets old ;~) Anyway, that is probably more than you wanted to know but those are a couple of the pitfalls. Don't get me started on the advantages... I could go on forever!

Okay, what is your favorite color? Do you want more children? What is your favorite style of music?

EvilTwinsWife... you crack me up! MWAH right back atcha! Favorite color... pink. Probably a combo of being girlie and the breast cancer ribbon. More children... heck yeah but not now! I am not ready yet... maybe in a year or so. We'll see. Favorite style of music... I don't really know how to classify it so I will give you a list. At the very top Mat Kearney... love him! Other favorites include: Anything from the OC soundtracks or the Garden State soundtrack, Jonatha Brooke, Kendall Payne, Jars of Clay, Jack Johnson, Citizen Cope, Colin Hay, Alexi Murdoch, The Fray, Imogen Heap, Tyler Hilton... I could go on forever ;~) I generally like one or 2 songs from each... the main playlist on my ipod is over 300 sogns with probably 200 artists.

More kids? how many? when? tell me about your wedding. What was your favorite part of the day and what would you have done differently?

We definitely want and will hopefully be blessed with more kids but not now ;~) I am really enjoying Chase right now and don't feel like we are ready to bring another one into the mix... and really, where would we put a new baby! We already have 3 humans and 1 dog sharing 400 square feet ;~) Maybe in a year or so... we shall see! My wedding was amazing. I had a great time and would only do it over if my mom could be there. Of course pledging my life to Adam was one of my favorite parts but as far as 'not the norm'... dancing with my mom. My dad and I planned it out... about halfway through the father/daughter dance we signaled for her to come up and I finished the dance with her. I thought she deserved some of that spotlight too... that is a great memory for me. As far as things I would have done differently... I would have slowed down and taken my time. I look back and realized I rushed through picking a dress, picking music, ect. I really wish I had spent more time enjoying the process... and spending that time with my mom. I feel like I missed out on some bonding time there. Hindsight is 20/20 and if I had known she would be gone in less than 6 months, well, I just would have slowed down. Life is so short... it's important to enjoy each moment. Also, I would have hired a professional videographer. I would love good video footage of my mom... maybe even her talking to the camera... oh God how I would love that now. I do have some from one of Adam's cousins but it isn't the same. Damn hindsight.

Well, that concludes my question answer time ;~) Hope you enjoyed!

2 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Wow - I loved this! Soooo interesting! That is sad about your mom. At least Buddy got to know my parents. He was 6 when my dad died and 7 when my mom passed away. I was pregnant with Sissy when my mom went, so I do know how you feel, somewhat. Thanks for being such a good sport!

Caleb and Adrienne said...

LOVE Jonatha Brooke! =0) I mean LOVE her!!

I know what you mean about the videographer. My uncle was Lopez on 98 Rock out of Baltimore. He died of lung cancer less than 6 months after our wedding. He and I shared a special dance. I wish that I had that on video to share with my cousin one day....