Saturday, August 09, 2008

Comments

I figured it would be easier to answer the comments from "Still Battling" in an actual post... just trying to be a space saver ;~)

ch - ergo my dilemma... I know I need to have a consistent routine... I just haven't found one that I feel comfortable with and that I want to commit long term to. Well, at that point I didn't have one... I think that I have devised a sleep plan/routine for Chase and I. I started it 2 days ago and so far so good. I don't count anything a success until it's worked for at least a week ;~)

kara - I agree with you about the weak parenting... it does take strength (that I didn't know I had)... I just don't want to give up too early ;~) I wish Chase slept from 6:30 - 7... he sleeps 7 - 5:30/6... we are working on pushing that morning time back a little!

anon - while I am grateful for your comment, I have to respectfully disagree. I am not sure if you have kids or if you do... if you have bad nappers but a half hour nap is just not enough time for me personally, as a mom, to recharge. I love my son very much but I would be lying if I said I want him next to me day in day out, all day every day. I also believe that 30 minutes isn't enough for my son... hence the quest for more sleep. He does bounce right up like he is ready to go after 30 minutes but so did my husband when his mother used to call him from school... then he would turn right over and go back to sleep. I know faking it and I believe Chase is faking being awake and alert. He is much more irritable, crabby and generally unpleasant to be around when he sleeps for 30 minute increments. Also, he isn't sleeping for 12 hours at night... unfortunately that was a 2 day fluke and since then, he has been getting up anywhere from 5 - 6 each morning, the earliest one day being 4:40. We are working on extending that time frame as well. As for training him to be tired... I don't have to do that... he is already tired all by himself... I am trying to harness the tiredness and get rid of it.

jenn - I believe that there is such thing as a 30 minute napper, I am just not convinced that Chase is one. I believe that Adam and I made a mistake around the 4-5 month mark and missed the window to sleep train him. Don't get me wrong, I am not beating myself up about it (we are all bound to make mistakes, I know that)... I just think that we missed that window and now I have to work harder to get him there. There is something about Chase's demeanor that makes me question his 30 minute napping.

kathi - I love you but I disagree... he is one stubborn little dude (no idea where he got it) and I don't think he will learn unless I teach him.

Whew... that's a lot of comments and that's only half of them! I want to say thank you so much for all the comments... I absolutely love getting all of them and I love the advice that each of you bring. I may not agree or follow it but I do truly appreciate it! This blog, and being so open, has really shown me a sense of community... even with people I haven't met face to face! Thanks again and keep 'em coming!

No comments: