Saturday, April 03, 2010

Remember me?

Jessica... wife of Adam, mommy of Chase... scrapbooker... (hopeful) seamstress... used to write on this blog with surprising frequency...

Hi! How are you? It's been a while I know. Sorry about that.

Apparently I got pregnant and then bean started the subtle process of zapping all my energy. Seriously, it's all I can do to walk myself to bed at the end of the night... let alone attempt coherent thought. Anyway, I am hoping to play catch up so you might see a few posts right in a row.

Last week Chase and I took a road trip to Annapolis to visit Christine, Andrew and Gabriel. We had signed up for a cooking class at Whole Foods which started at 11, so we tried to get there a little early to have some hang out time.


Enjoying the nice weather on the porch.


Chase was fascinated by the horse in the neighbors yard.

Too quickly that hang out time disappeared and we headed to the cooking club. I ended up sitting with the boys on the floor... they were among the youngest and didn't get the whole 'sit on the carpet and watch the entertainment' thing. Not to mention the fact that Chase was being unusually clingy (which should have been my first clue...).


The entertainment just happened to be a clown. I know, not surprising when you are dealing with kids but when I was 14ish, I was talked into watching Stephen King's "It"... a decision I have regretted ever since. Fortunately this clown had a 'Jesus Loves You' pin on her shirt which made me feel a bit better. Still, I was happy when the clown left.


Next we walked around the store collecting goodies...


cantaloupe from the produce section...


a kids cliff bar from the prepared food section...

They also got a slice of pizza, a cup of carrot juice slushie, a sticker and a piece of chocolate!


Enjoying our lunch.


This face should have been my second clue...

After we left Whole Foods I called a friend in the area and stopped by to see her. Unfortunately her little girl was sleeping (an unusual 3 hour nap that day!) so it was us talking while Chase played with her toys.

She gave us the cutest gift ever!

She had these game pieces and instead of throwing them away, she decided she could make them into a really cute toy for her little one. Glue some magnets on the back and ta-da! Chase loves his set and they reside right next to our alphabet! Thank you Sylvia!


On the way home. Not unusual but notice the flushed look with pink cheeks?

Yeah, that... all 3 clues I should have picked up on... equaled a child that did not feel well... at all. By the time we got home he had a blazing 104.3 fever. Mother of the year should be calling any moment.

The rest of the evening was extremely low key and consisted of us laying around until daddy got home.

It was a lot of fun but I think I need to stop the long road trips until I am out of my first trimester at the very least. I was whooped by end of the day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope he starts feeling better! And I also don't like clowns. They creep me out.

Vicki said...

I can't tell you how many times that's happened to me. (Missing the "sick signs" until they become glaringly obvious!) No worries. You're still Mother of the Year to me! :-D

Anonymous said...

Get some rest as much as possible! Just this warm weather makes me sleepy all the time. :)