Thursday, November 12, 2009

5 Years

Today marks the 5th anniversary of my mom's death.

In reality, that's really all I want to say about it right now. I feel like I should have some long emotional post written to commemorate the occasion but I don't. What I do have is a very lackluster attitude in general. I am tired and would just really prefer not to think about this particular loss right now. It's too overwhelming and I just don't feel like crying right now.

Maybe I will feel different tomorrow or the next day but tonight... that's all I have.

And now for a few pictures of one of the reasons I smile so much:


Science lesson at the park.


Sometimes a good roll on the floor has to happen.


Chase in his pack and play while I shower... notice where the paci is?


He did this all on his own... quite the comedian.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sometimes you can't even cry about your loss. Sometimes even more than a couple of years pass, we still don't get it. But you have strength in you. No other words that I can think of right now. Next time, I may cry with you.

Chase's pictures changed everything at the end. They made me smile. I am happy to see this little goof can fill your heart just like nothing!

chocolate hug said...

Today I would like to celebrate your mother's life for you. What a blessing to have had a mother who you loved so and miss dearly.

My prayers are with you,

diana

Unknown said...

I can't imagine not having my mother in my life. I know it will happen but don't want to think about it.

I'm so sorry for your loss.