Saturday, April 25, 2009

Feeling Better!

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes... I am finally feeling better. And NO, I am not pregnant.

After I was diagnosed with the sinus infection I kept waiting to feel better. Everyone told me 24-48 hours and I would start to feel better and could get back to life. Not so much. I actually called Adam at work on Monday and asked him to come home early. I was so dizzy and lightheaded, I thought I might pass out. Tuesday wasn't much different although I lasted longer on my own.

I was still feeling extremely lightheaded and dizzy on Wednesday so I got a same day appointment with my doctor. Thank goodness my MIL was back in town and could drive me to the doctors and entertain Chase. The doc thought the antibiotics that Urgent Care put me on may have been the reason I felt so lightheaded... so he prescribed different ones, along with some anti-dizzy pills (as the new medicine also had a side effect of dizziness... he was just hoping this side effect wouldn't present itself.) I go to take the new antibiotic in the afternoon and one hour later... well lets just say lunch didn't stay with me. Adam gets in the car to come home and calls his mom to come hold down the fort. Doc prescribes an anti-nausea medicine to take one hour before the antibiotic... starting tomorrow... ugh, ok.

Thursday rolls around and I take my pills in the correct order, eating in between as to lessen the blow of the antibiotic on my system. This time I feel dizzy like I have never felt before. My head is throbbing and I can't see straight. Then my chest starts tightening... just enough to feel like a small elephant is sitting on my chest. Adam put me in the car and drove me to the doctors office as he is on the phone with them. They perform an EKG (can't wait to see the bill for that one ;~( ) because they are concerned with any kind of chest problems. Everything there was normal but the doctor thinks all of that... the chest, the dizziness, the vision problems, the headache... are all from the new antibiotic.

He took me off all meds for the weekend just hoping that the antibiotics I did take were enough to wipe out the sinus infection. After we got home from the impromptu doc visit, I laid down to take a nap... around 5 pm or so. I woke up at 10:15 pm... went out to the living room to find Adam asleep on the couch. Woke him up... he asked if I was ready for bed. Sure why not... and I slept until 7:30 the next morning.

So far I have felt pretty good... a little tired from inactivity the past week but definitely better.

Currently I am listening to an 18 month old that does not want to go to bed and it's killing me. I shot myself in the foot though... I have already gone in there twice. I am glad I went in the first time as there was a diaper situation but the second time just reinforced to him that I will come and get him... ugh. Unfortunately I am on my own to stand strong... at least until 9:30 when Adam gets home.


Dannette said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better - what a nightmare!
love, nan :)

Johnnie Avocado said...

DUDE...NEVER....EVER... under any circumstances do you go in there twice! HAHAHA..... I'm glad things are coming around a little better for ya'

dkamfam said...

Woo hoo! Finally kickin' that sinus infection. Ugh, what a rough road with the antibiotics. Hope you had enough to keep it gone!