We are headed to the pediatrician this morning... 11:15 to be exact. Chase has had a cold for over a week now and yesterday he woke up with a high fever and rough sounding cough. Why directly on the holiday... not the day before, not the day after. The fever fluctuated all day so we decided to ride it out and if he got worse, we would jump ship and go to Urgent Care (or the ER if UC wasn't open). He maintained the fever but acted fine... running and playing with Grandma and Grandpa so we decided to wait until this morning to call the doc.
This morning he woke up with another high fever so I called the doctors office immediately.... hence the 11:15 appointment. Wish us luck! My guess is a respiratory infection... we'll see how sharp my mothers intuition is!