Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Lesson Learned

I am not allowed to watch crime show dramas anymore. Adam went to bed early because he is feeling sick but I stayed up with little man and watched a couple TV shows... including Law and Order SVU. Yep, not a good idea. I know that it is made up and everything I am seeing is make up (the artists should get an award for the realism) but it doesn't make a difference. The subject matter still gets into my head and causes me fear. When I am nervous walking with my baby from the living room to the bedroom, something needs to change (for those of you that know my apartment, you know that is an incredibly short walk and shouldn't even have enough time to cause fear ;~)

I know this about myself when it comes to movies... I don't go see anything that I deem scary and I am the judge and jury when it comes to what is scary, no matter the peer pressure. For some reason, I didn't apply this logic to TV and started watching the Law and Orders and the Without a Traces... no more though. I can't have my head filled with fear. I am sticking to Biggest Loser and Extreme Makeover Home Edition.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so with you on that! I hate SVU, becuase it's so much scarier than the regular Law & Order. I think I had less empathy when I was younger, because scary movies didn't use to bother me...

Demetri and Sarah said...

I love L&O SVU...but I can't watch if I'm the only one home and if it's right before I go to bed...I'm SO with you!

kathi said...

Watched it too...it was intense. Good stuff :)

LoveLladro said...

rose - too real... it's just too real!

sarah - that works for me too... until no one is around and then i wished i hadn't watched it!

kathi - too intense for this sissy's blood!

oh and i watched without a trace 2 days later... i suck.

Taegs said...

I totally get you on this one. I can watch the L&O's but can't watch any CSI for similar reasons...they seem to cross over into the "can't get it out of my head...make me scared...feed my imagination" category. L&O hasn't crossed over for me yet.

Fun to hang out with y'all tonight...