Thursday, June 28, 2007

Blessings abound...

There are so many blessings in our lives lately that I decided to write (type) them down so I could reflect on them.


1. Last week Adam did a sleep study because he is WAY too tired for a normal 27 year old and (drumroll please)... he has sleep apnea!!! You can't imagine how happy this makes us... we really wanted a problem with a name and a solution and we got it! Thank you Lord! He has another study planned to get the correct pressure for a CPAP machine and then hopefully he will be sleeping more soundly and have more energy, not to mention taking some severe strain off his heart!


2. I am getting larger and larger and loving every minute! This is me at 21 weeks!

3. Adam and I have been trying to clean out our "spare" room and transform it into the "baby's" room. This past Saturday morning we started cleaning and organizing and by 6:00 pm the same day, we had a clear room ready for baby furniture and diapers!

4. Speaking of baby furniture... Adam and I have been concerned about buying some of the essential baby furniture items for Peabert as the larger ones come with big price tags. As we were organizing and cleaning the baby's room, Adam's mom called and let us know that she and his dad are giving us a monetary gift which will definitely cover the furniture and some of the other big price tag items. Seriously, could we be any more blessed? I think that actually spurred us on with the cleaning!

5. Adam and I have also been thinking of work that I can do from home after the baby is born... I won't go into to much detail yet but there are some really good options on the table and I feel very encouraged that this is going to work. I want nothing more than to be home with little Peabert!

6. Our friends, Pat and Kristen, welcomed their baby girl into the world on Jun 21 and she was able to go into natural labor despite being 6 days overdue and with the doctors threatening to induce that very day!

Blessings all around!!

4 comments:

Di said...

Keep us posted on what you decide for the room :) I don't think it took us very long to figure out... Jason didn't want yellow, so I thought green would be perfect! Have FUN :)

Michelle said...

You look beautiful at 21 weeks. I always loved being pregnant myself. Guess that's one of the reason I have 4 kids!!

Isn't family awesome?!! WE had a similar experience when I got pregnant with our first. Everyone just stepped right in an bough everything.

kathi said...

Wow, lot's of stuff!! I hate the beginning of cleaning a room out and love finishing it!! What a great motivator, money!! Yay!

You look adorable! Someday I'll put my pregnancy pics up...not so cute, lol.

Congrats to your friends and their beautiful baby!

It's all good!

LoveLladro said...

di - i will.... we are heading to the babies r us this weekend so fingers crossed we can find something we like!

michelle - thanks! i feel beautiful... not fat, not enormous... just pretty ;~) i love it!

kathi - i bet you don't look half as bad as you think in those pictures... we are our own worst critic! i would love to see them!