Wednesday, November 01, 2006

In the little things...

I love when I see God in the little everyday things...

Yesterday was a rough day at work... really strenuous and difficult... on top of that I am not feeling well and I am tired because I am not sleeping well... even with all that I ended up staying at work an hour after I should have (and yes, I am putting that on the timesheet!).

My loving husband decided to skip his regular meeting and stay home with me (such a nurturer) and this is a huge deal because he RARELY ever misses this meeting. So I get home and our neighbor is outside with his new little pug, handing out halloween candy. I stop by to say hi and pet the puppy (and I mean puppy, she's 10 weeks old). We chat for a couple seconds and I head in to the house. Once I was in the house, I felt the need to go back and out and chat some more... so Adam and I took Riley out (as well as the candy to hand out) and joined Josh and Layla. We ended up chatting with Josh for at least an hour or so...

Now for the God part... we were talking about people relocating to 'slower' states (east coast being too busy for some people) and I mentioned that a lot of couples in our bible study just relocated to North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia... they all seem to be leaving the craziness of Maryland. What Josh heard was that we are part of a bible study and that we go to church... as it turns out, he and his wife have been looking for a good church around here. And to top it off, they are interested in going to our young married bible study... so they are coming with us tomorrow night!

I love how God can take a crappy day and remind me that it isn't about me... it's really about Him and doing his will.

1 comment:

Johnnie Avocado said...

God is Amazing.... I know I'm being nosey, but where in Maryland are you? Sweetie and I want to come to the Bible study too :)

I'm from the south and I want to move back. I find it sad that everyone wants to move south for the "way of life" that is down there, but unfortunately, they move down and want to turn it into the north. I can't wait to get back some day.