Monday, July 17, 2006

Weekend Getaway...

Adam and I traveled to Saratoga Springs, NY last weekend. As it turns out, I do have family! Who knew. My grandfather was the oldest of 10 siblings and his youngest sibling (Terry) happened to be celebrating her 80th birthday... well it was a surprise party thrown by her daughters - Terri, Helen, Ret and Cheryl. All of my aunt Terry's siblings have passed away so having a few of us there to represent the "Lopes clan" was really special to her.
This is us right before hitting the road (yes, Danielle came out in her PJ's to take a picture of us!!! Thanks Danielle ;~)

I appreciate the effort but a sign (prolly cost the tax payers a pretty penny) over a highway as you are going 80mph past it? Is that really effective?

Lunch stop along the way... Here I am holding up the Cherry Hill Diner sign...

and Adam trying to crush the sign... yeah, we are SO grown up!

After we made it to NY we went out to eat at Bookmakers... we were seated outside (1 of 2 couples there) and had a fabu waiter and ate some darn good food! This is us waiting for dinner...

More to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still forgive you for being a Yankees fan...

kathi said...

Love the pics and reading about y'all being so happy. Love you, darlin. Big hug.