Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Sick to my stomach

So Adam and I signed a lease for an apartment in Crofton that we are absolutely IN LOVE with! It is gorgeous, spacious, perfect location and right next to our friends Rob and Danielle (hey guys, can we borrow some sugar!).

That is not the part that I am sick to my stomach about... the sick to my stomach is in regards to the apartment (read 'dungeon') that we are currently living in.

Aparently the notification for termination is 60 days and not the 30 days that we thought... which means that because we terminated (standard, not an early termination) today Orchard Park is charging us for all of May and prorated for June at the month to month rate... this basically translates to us owing them $1800 dollars for an apartment that won't be occupied from May 6 on... freaking fantastic. I feel like such a putz for not paying more attention... because we weren't watching, Orchard Park has us pinned to the wall.

Now, all things being right... Orchard Park is correct... we should have terminated when it said (although I will say that we didn't know what we were doing yet and that's a bit unfair to push us into making a decision that far out...) but come on people... 1800 bucks... i am going to cry... seriously, tears down the face right now.

I can tell you this... there will be some choice words written in the memo section of that check...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't really know what to say, but I think we've all been there before. Maybe if they get it rented before, by law (Adam?) you won't have to pay the full amount? CONGRATS on the new place though...how exciting!

Anonymous said...

That really sucks! I hate apartments and lease agreements. Back in the day I had a few problems like this myself...

Dad.

LoveLladro said...

Carrie - good thought and we had the same idea but there are several other apartments that are vacant right now and they have no obiligation to 'push' our apartment.... from what we have seen so far, it doesn't look like they are all too willing to help us out... we are chalking this up to our mistake!

Dad - I am with you! Hopefully our next move is into a house... I can only imagine how many 'traps' there are to worry with the purchase of a house!!!

kathi said...

Dang, that SUCKS!! I'd not only be in tears but in bed, depressed for a very long time.
Okay, there's got to be something that can be done, and maybe the only way to find it is in prayer...so, meet you there.
Big hug.

LoveLladro said...

kathi - you are absoultey correct... prayer is the only option as of now... if nothing else prayer to help me accept that I may have to pay these people ;~)