Wednesday, February 08, 2006

iTunes Rant

My beloved Apple... I love love love Apple but iTunes has done gone and angered me.

I bought several (read "many") songs from iTunes because I thought... how wonderful... a song for $.99... delivered right to my computer. Which, unknown to me, is where is to remain for ALL of its days... forever, on my computer, alone.

What the heck? No CD to listen to in my car? No CD to listen to at work? No CD to lend to a friend on a 21 hour (one way mind you) trip to see her husband who is faithfully fighting for our freedom??? Not cool ~

They encrypt the files so I can't use the music, that I rightfully bought, in the manner I see fit.

Now I know... blah blah blah copyright crap... yada yada yada and such not. BS all over the place. We all copied the radio onto cassette tapes and the music world cried CHICKEN LITTLE!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!! Lo and behold, sky is still up and so are their sales.

We all copied tape to tape and traded among friends... ack, gasp and faint... no more money... wrong again... music industry still has money and they are still making it hand over fist...

Gack NAPSTER!!!... lol, well I agree with shutting them down (although I won't say one way or another if I used it)... but when I PURCHASE my music, I expect to be endowed with the right to do what I want with it.

Seriously, is that too much to ask? Apparently so. It's worth my money to go out and buy the CD's which I think is the direction I am headed...

So basically what I just realized... I buy from iTunes... less money, more frustration... I buy the full CD... more money, less frustration... This is a no win situation for young naive Jessica. Ugh, the perils of being an adult...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess-

You can burn the music to a CD if you want, no problem.

LoveLladro said...

well I realized last night that I was doing something wrong and when I corrected it (burned as an audio CD) it wouldn't work in any of our "regular" players... they were AIFF's... however Adam and I (mostly Adam) figured a way to convert them to mp3's again... losing the encrpytion along the way... I am going to work on that tomorrow night ;~) I will keep anyone interested in my music woes updated~

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think you can just burn it as a music CD instead of writing files. I think all you have to do is select a playlist in itunes and then click the burn icon. I don't know why it's giving you trouble, but let me know if you need some help.