Monday, August 09, 2010

Lil Bean

I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy is going. I'm 28 weeks already... that hardly seems possible.

Chase is very excited and as far as he can possibly understand, I think he really does. I don't think any of us really have a clue about how things will change but regardless, we are SUPER excited.

I've already bought a few new outfits for Lil Bean. Even though they will only be (most likely) a few days apart, I still wanted him to have some new clothes... they can't ALL be hand me downs ;~)

I should change Lil Bean's moniker to Soccer Stud. The boy wiggles, kicks, moves and punches like a champ in there. All of it is totally welcome though. There was a span of a few days where I didn't feel him very much and it scared me to the core of my being. Thankfully he ramped up again and he's back to his old antics.

Speaking of which, at my last doctor's appointment the midwife put the fetal heart Doppler on my stomach and a few seconds after hearing the beautiful fast beating we hear this 'thump'... then again a few seconds later... Lil Bean was kicking the heart monitor! He continued to do that until she pulled it off my belly. I got the biggest kick out of that. Chase was active but usually at certain times and when I ate certain foods but this kid... he's active all the time... there is no rhyme or reason. Someone told me he's going to hit the ground running and I tend to believe them.

I can't wait to meet him... well, really I can. Please stay in there at least until mid-Oct Lil Bean! But you know what I mean... I can't wait to see what he looks like. I can't wait to watch his personality develop. I can't wait to see the interaction between him and Chase. I am looking forward to doing this for the second time and hopefully not feeling so lost.

For now though... I am perfectly content growing him big and strong in my belly.

And Chase is perfectly fine using him as a pillow.

2 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

We called our daughter "Mia Hamm" before she was born. Strangely enough, she loves playing soccer! LOL.

In-Sung said...

Very cool! I can't wait either! :)