So apparently I am way closer to delivering than I thought... and not very good at handling situations that are out of my control.
Rewind to yesterday... I took the day off work because my doctors appointment was at 11 in the morning and driving back and forth just seemed like a colossal waste of time. Adam actually did go to work since we figured this would be fairly routine and his presence wasn't necessary ;~) Everything was going along fine... Dr. H and I were up close and personal and he mentioned that he didn't think I would be pregnant more than a week... I am already 3-4 cm. Hmmm, ok, my head spins a little since I still have things to do but I can handle that. Then he goes to measure my belly and is a slight bit (I stress the slight bit part) concerned with the fluid levels around little Peabert. Just for precaution sake he wants me to get a sonogram downstairs and make sure that all is normal. Then he says the words that throw me in a tailspin the rest of my time at the doctors office. "If the levels are below average then we are going to admit you and your having a baby today"... I am sorry... come again? This coming from the same guy that said Nov 2 is your due date... I want a refund, not only were you wrong, but you sprung your wrongness on me out of nowhere! He also says "If everything is fine with the fluids, I want you back on Friday morning to be checked out... if you are 6-7 cm then we will admit you and you will be having a baby". Holy crap... I might seriously fall over.
I manage to keep upright, trek downstairs and get in line to get a sonogram... correction, I thought I got in line to get a sonogram... what actually happened is I got to watch every person that was there before me and came in after me, walk through the doors and get seen. I get it... I am being 'squeezed in' because I didn't have an appointment. However, I am 9 months pregnant, very uncomfortable in the chairs in the waiting room, extremely hungry while watching all the staff parade through with their lunches and as I found out... very unprepared mentally to deliver that day. And for 2 hours I sat there with those issues. I was not happy.
Regardless, they finally find it in their cold cold hearts to bring me back and check in on my baby. Turns out he is an A student... he got an 8 out of 8 (not sure what for but it was a perfect score!) and the fluid levels are fine. I go back upstairs, inform the secretary that Dr. H is in trouble for sending me there because it took forever and that I truly can't wait any longer to see him.... I needed to leave and get food NOW! She took down the information they gave me and let me go on my merry way.
So I said before that I was SO not ready to deliver that day... in truth, if it happened that way, I would have been fine. I think the idea of not knowing for a few hours really tripped me up. I am however, preparing that Friday might be our day... or Saturday... 10/20... cute ring to it. Who knows, this kid has a mind of his own already! Regardless... I doubt that I will be pregnant much longer! Stay tuned for updates!