Friday, March 10, 2006

Trusting God today...

At bible study last night we read and discussed Judges 6 and 7 and then Pat challenged us to look where we were trusting in God on a daily basis. With regards to that... here's my story.

So genius me had a doctor's appointment that I forgot about until this morning. So when I checked my day planner I saw 10am and ran with it... I quickly made my rounds at work to tell everyone I would be out for a couple hours and hurried out the door. I breathlessly signed in and talked with the front desk person who informed me that my appointment wasn't until 11:45am... I had looked at the time for an appointment tomorrow... can it get any better than that??? I had left behind MAJOR work... many contracts and lots of dollars were riding on me getting these contracts filled with the right language and back the client for signature and here I am nearly 2 hours early for a doctor's appointment.

After some self deprecating humor, I sat back, picked up Jesus Freaks and assumed God had other plans for me today. I made a conscience decision not to be angry or upset and to enjoy the time I had and worry about work when I got back. 10 minutes later they called me in the office, I was seen and out and back to my office and at my desk a half hour before my original appointment! AND IN A GOOD MOOD!!!! Praise Jesus.... I got back, prioritized my work (something I RARELY do) and dug in. 16 minutes before I am set to leave work, I am writing this with only 1 thing left in my inbox and that contract doesn't start until April 3, I have time!!!

I trusted in God that His plan was better than the screw up I made and sure enough... He came through ~ I love it ~

2 comments:

madameplushbottom said...

When you can trust enough to believe and have faith the miracles that happen will never cease to amaze you! God really does have a plan and it works if you follow it.

kathi said...

I love this post. Way to give up control! I have this visual I do when I feel like something is making me anxious, I see myself (and/or my family) in the palms of God's hands as if His hands are cupped and He's smiling upon us. For some reason, He must've given this to me because it has never failed to bring me peace. Once when we were in Colorado coming down solid ice roads we'd lose control very easily and I'd say to myself "You carry us safely in the palms of Your hands" and I'd feel no tension at all immediately. Awesome.