Thursday, July 15, 2010

Miss me?

I've definitely been MIA for a few weeks. There is a good reason for it... my macbook hard drive failed and consequently borked my computer. Before someone feels the need to tease me because I am so pro mac and everything is sunshine and roses with macs... I still completely believe it. I am the one that screwed the hard drive and caused it to fail... totally and completely my fault. Let's just say that my temper + lack of sleep does not equal happiness for my mac.

Adam worked on it for a solid week (totally geeking out) and still couldn't come up with a solution. So off to Mac Medics we went... supposedly they have an answer but I'll believe it when I see it with my own eyes. Monday we'll get the computer back and hopefully by Monday night Adam can fix it once and for all.

I feel totally crippled without my computer... I never realized how heavily I relied on it. I am thankful I have the ipad to fill the gap (and the keyboard attachment thanks to my MIL!!!!) but it's really not the same. Oh well... there are worse problems. Thankfully we had just started to run a decent and complete backup on my computer so I have the bulk of data stored on an alternative hard drive... unfortunately the end of May was the last time I backed up so there were casualties... again, there are worse problems to have.

In the meantime the G's have been super busy and I hope to play catch up wtih some of the events! My dad and Stacie were in DC and we got to spend some time with them.... July 4th was a blast out on Uncle Jimmy's boat.... Chase and I made a road trip to see Christine, Andrew and Gabriel and had a great time swimming in a neighborhood pool.... Chase had his first dentist visit (and did phenomenal might I add!)... not to mention the soccer star I am growing in my belly! Seriously... this kid rivals anything Beckham can do. Morning, noon or night... lil bean is flipping, turning, punching, heabutting and just generally kicking me... and I love every minute of it. This is one of my favorite parts of pregnancy.

On a completely different topic, many of you are aware that my MIL and I have regular movie nights together. That's what happens when you have 2 men who could careless about chick flicks and 2 women who love them. Well my MIL went and got us hooked on a TV miniseries... North and South... anyone remember that? with Patrick Swazye (so gorgeous!) 15 episodes at 90 minutes a pop. There is a good chance I will be pregnant with number 3 and still watching this if we don't pick up the pace!

I seem to remember this show being a particular hit with my mom... I wish she were still alive so I could ask her but right now I am relying on my extremely poor memory. Regardless... I am almost positive that she was one of the millions hooked on the miniseries when it debuted in 1985 *collective gasp at how old we all are*. I can only imagine how happy she would be to see me completely hooked after only one episode.

That's life in a nutshell right now. I'm going to attempt to post again with pictures over the weekend but that requires the husband sharing his computer. It's not that he won't... I just wouldn't call it willingly.

2 comments:

namoo said...

I am sorry to hear about your mac. Hope you get it back to work!!

Katrina said...

So glad you posted again. I was having serioud withdrawl! Loved Loved N&S the first time around. Enjoy it! It's a great series.